The Feedinator 1000 is a case feeder that is compatible with the Dillon layout, but it excels in many ways to the Dillon. First, it has a micro controller, controlling the behavior of the plate, and is smart about un-jamming itself, or turning itself off when the hopper is empty. Here are some of the features:
- Smart plate speed control matches the rotational speed of the hopper plate to your consuming machine
- Smart monitoring of the plate enables jam detection, and reverses direction to clear jams
- Sensors in the hopper indicate when the case feeder is empty, allowing the Feedinator to power off the plate
- USB connectivity to the Sortinator allows messaging to pause case sorting operations
- USB connectivity to the laptop allows Feedinator to trigger alarms or send messages that the hopper needs to be refilled
- Additional finger holes allow easy plate replacement
- Control the Feedinator from a laptop using the Sortinator software, or just use the simple toggle switch to indicate that you’ve refilled the hopper
- Actual measured case throughput rates:
- 9mm: over 5,000 rounds per hour (over 8,500 rounds per hour for the 16 inch feeder)
- 45ACP: over 4,500 rounds per hour
Feeder Base Upgrade
- Acrylic (standard)
- Aluminum Base ($300.00)
- Aluminum side and base ($800.00)
Shell Plate Upgrade
- Acrylic (standard)
- Delrin ($20.00)
- Plastic (standard)
- Aluminum ($850.00)
|Weight||15 lbs (6.8 kg)|
|Dimensions||13 × 13 × 20 in (330 x 330 x 510 mm)|
|pack drive accessories||yes|
|pack drop tube||yes|
|Feeder Calibers||.40 S&W, 223, 30-06, 300 AAC Blackout, 308, 357, 380, 38spl, 44mag, 45acp, 6.5×55, 9.3×62, 9mm, 9mm shell shock, FN 5.7×28|
Theory of Operation
The Feedinator1000 employs four sensors, and two serial ports for operation. The sensors are used to optimize the rate of rotation to match the consumption of the device it is feeding. The serial ports are for command, control and data logging, suitable for integration into third party products.
Jamming events are sensed by a rotary encoder, and current detector. When an event is detected, the pate rotates backwards. If the jam is recoverable, operation continues as normal. If the Feedinator1000 is unable to clear itself, a message is transmitted, and the optional host software will emit an alarm.
*Optimized Plate Rotation
The shell plate speed is regulated by a feedback mechanism with flexible and stiff control loops. The flexible loop attempts to match the speed of the plate to the consuming device and is regulated by the brass sensor. The stiff loop attempts top maximize throughput and increases maximum allowable plate speed until a jam occurs.
*Feeder Empty Status
Using the current, brass and rotary sensors, the Feedinator1000 is able to determine when it is empty. In this event, a message is sent via serial, and stops rotation of the plate. If the Sortinator1000 is present, this message pauses the Sortinator, and the toggle switch unpauses the sorter. The empty status is reset by toggling the switch.
The toggle switch performs two functions. First, it serves as the on/off switch for the feeder. Second, it indicates when brass is resupplied.
Features of the Feedinator that are typically not found on other more expensive feeders:
- Modular exit chutes optimized for one caliber.
- About five minutes to swap out
- Low cost, about $20 per caliber
- Modular shell plates optimized for each caliber
- Clear base for monitoring of hopper
- Thumb hole that allows easy removal of shell plate
- Solid state non-contact sensors for reliable feeding
- Self adjusting feedback loop optimizes speed
- Multiple sensors detect jams and auto correct the problem
- Serial interface via USB or I2C for integration into other equipment
- Software API available
The firmware of your case feeder can be updated with these utilities. You will need the Teensy Loader application from PJRC, and a firmware file from Hasgrok.com. If you require simple modifications, a firmware can be made to your specifications.
The firmware loader from PJRC:
Please note this does NOT include the supply of the casefeeder.
Australian / NZ supply kits will be supplied with a 2 pin adaptor plug for 240vac.
All other casefeeder kits will be supplied with a USA plug.