What Calibres will you be using?
The Rollsizer.com Decapper will process 380ACP cases up to 308Win. The machine will remove the spent primers up to 3,600 cases per hour (if your casefeeder can keep up) and cases can be processed soiled. You can wet clean your cases afterwards, then rollsize your cases. This will save you a LOT of time in reloading.
With decapping soiled cases you can wet clean your cases afterwards (including primer pockets) and this will improve your reloading press performance and reduce primer seating issues. The crud in the primer pockets is known to be a lead based material (Lead Styphenate) which has health implications and is also recognized as being a problem for automated press sensors (primer / ringer sensors).
You can mix some different cases together to decap them. Once decapped the cases can be wet cleaned. This makes the case identification and head stamps much easier to identify. (its also cleaner….).
The limitation on mixing cases is the height variation (to clear the drop tube), the size (it needs to fit inside the drop tube) AND ensuring the cases do not fit inside other cases. For example a 9mm case will fit inside a 40S&W case. Sorry we didn’t design the cases….
A number of manufacturers are making cases with small flash holes. These are known to catch on the decapping pins and lift the cases out of the pegs.
This is NOT a fault of the decapper.
You can mix the following, 380ACP,9mm, 38S, 38SC, 357SIG. 223 and 300blk can be processed together, likewise 308, 243, 22-250, 6.5 Creedmore can be processed together.
The Decapper is supplied as standard with the following;
- Decapper base unit with a 24VDC motor, gearbox and decapping guides and rails
- Spare set of self aligning pegs and spring.
- FW Arms decapper body, custom guide rod (plus spare guide rod), 3 x small pins, minor tools and locktite. The FW Arms decapping unit includes a conversion (shuttle and spring) to run rifle cases through the Decapper.
- Feed hose and adaptor clip to connect to a Dillon casefeeder. (This is the same hose as supplied with the Rollsizers).
- Length of clear hose to connect to the primer discharge and case discharge. Cut to suit.
- AC / DC power converter with variable speed control. The converter will be supplied with an Australian moulded plug (for international sales a AU/ USA plug adaptor or a AU/EURO plug adaptor will be supplied). The power converter will operate off all power supplies between 100VAC >277VAC and will operate with 50hz or 60Hz frequency. The converter is IP67 rated and very high quality.
- Operation and maintenance manual. Please read it thoroughly…. then read it again. A copy of the manual is available on the website. This is updated periodically.
You will require a drop tube for the Decapper to work. You CAN use the drop tubes from the rollsizers (if you are lucky to have one). If you want to use your existing drop tubes, when you get to the total price section, simply delete the drop tubes you do not need.
The Decapper is a modified engineering plastic and is extremely strong. The material is the same as used in iron ore wear chutes and will last a very long time if looked after.
The decapper will work on crimped and sealed cases but when it is new it may stall, this is a safety mechanism to stop damage to the machine. If this occurs, it may be necessary to run in the motor and gearbox. Contact us directly for details.